Balsamic and Honey Broiled Salmon
- 2 lbs salmon cut into 2 inch filets
- 3T extra virgin olive oil
- 1T dijon mustard
- 2T honey
- 2T balsamic vinegar
- 1t kosher salt
- 1/8t garlic powder
- 1/8t hot pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1/2 t herbes de provence
- Make the marinade by mixing all ingredients except the salmon in a bowl.
- Add the salmon along with the marinade in a large zip lock bag. Remove as much air as you can and store in the refrigerator turning a few times for up to 2 hours.
- Line a broiler pan with heavy duty foil and add the salmon without the marinade and broil the fish until it’s browned on top but still a bit underdone in the middle. (The timing will vary
depending on the thickness of the fish, the heat of your oven and the distance between your broiler element and the fish.)